News and Activities
Last updated: April 2014
COUNTER Travel Awards
The winners of the COUNTER Travel Awards for 2014 are Kelsey Brett ( University of Houston, USA) and Miriam Lorenz ( University of Applied Science, Cologne, Germany). COUNTER congratulates both winners!
Forthcoming Events: -
- 14th-16th April 2014 - UK Serials Group Annual Conference Harrogate, UK
You will need Adobe Acrobat to view some of the news releases.
COUNTER is an active participant in research projects whose objectives are either to improve the quality of online usage statistics or to increase the relevance of usage data in the wider world of scholarly metrics.
Articles and Presentations
- Society for Scholarly Publishing, May 2012: Dr Peter Shepherd, Alexandria, VA, 31 May 2012
- STM/COUNTER Workshop, London, 17 March 2011: Presentations
Brian Bishop David Sommer Presentation 1 David Sommer Presentation 2 Hazel Woodward Laura Cox Peter Shepherd Tansy Matthews (PDF presentations)
- Serials, March 2011: Journal Usage Factor - developing a new usage-based metric
- ICOLC Europe, Paris, France, October 2009: PIRUS2: Publisher and Institutional Repository Usage Statistics
- UK Serials Group Annual Conference: Torquay, UK, March 2009: COUNTER in context
PDR Conference, La Grande Motte, April 2008: How do we keep track of what we do? COUNTER now and in the future
UKSG Annual Conference, Warwick University, UK, April 2007:COUNTER achievements and future challenges.
- SSP Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA, USA June 2007: Usage data in the publishing world and an update on COUNTER.
ICSTI Winter Public Conference, London, January 2007: Making Statistics Useful.
Invitation to Institutions in Germany to become COUNTER Members
COUNTER would very much welcome new members from Germany. This letter is an invitation to membership, and highlights the benefits of being a member of COUNTER.
Letter to institutions in Germany